Thursday, May 21, 2020

Seed starting next season

OK, the skylight shelves were great, but the temperature quickly got too high before I was done using them.  So I need them on a pulley system.  This would make caring for them much easier.  My hubby is against such a visible and permanent installation (currently the shelves are held up by Command strips).  Maybe if I can make it look stylish (steam punk?), with brass bits?

Regarding seed trays... yeesh.  I hate the ones that I have.  The cells are often too small.  And it's super hard to get the seedlings out.

I like the floating cell idea from Rodney Sidloski (https://globalnews.ca/news/5014096/weyburn-sask-man-finds-a-way-to-plant-a-two-penny-tree/).  I'd love to mix it with all of the alternative seedling containers I'm collecting.

So, maybe I can get styrofoam blocks from https://www.amazon.com/large-styrofoam-blocks/s?k=large+styrofoam+blocks and just cut holes in them, or depressions, which will allow me to sit my containers in them, with a hole through which the water will soak in.

No comments:

Post a Comment