Sunday, May 24, 2020

Biochar attempt number 3

Sigh.  Failed.
To save time, I'm just going to make the following photo link to the photo album that I have on Google Photos.  To those photos, I've added the comments that I would have put here.  I'm just too tired to pull everything in here.  Failure is demoralizing.  

After this failure, I re-watched https://youtu.be/RXMUmby8PpU.

Then I found this one, which answered a LOT of my questions, including how to pack the fuel, and the maximum the diameter/size of the fuel.

Jesus, what did people do before YouTube?  For all the things I want/need to learn, I would've had to use trial and error myself and take more than my lifetime, or find multiple mentors to apprentice under.

My understanding is growing, and that's good.  I want to eventually build a brick outer "barrel", around which I can leave space for wood that needs drying out.  Then I can use 55 gal barrel retorts inside of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment