Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Work log: Terrace and backfill

I'm gonna start logging what I do, with before and after pictures (uh, which I didn't take this time.

Just shy of 4 hours:
  • picked up trailer.
  • reinforced lowest terrace wood.
  • extended it a bit.
  • created 75% of the topmost terrace wall and laid cardboard along 40%, and a small load of composted manure that was left over under a tarp.  Decided this will be my first bed, and thus must have only composted manure.
  • unloaded the trailer into the bottom-most terrace via barrowfuls.
  • decided to have 5 terraces instead of 4.  That solves the problem of how godawful deep they have to be backfilled, but introduces the problem of not having enough wood.  Might change my mind again. 
Here's an after photo, at least, of the part I worked on.

I took my time and pondered and toyed with the wood, and it was SO enjoyable!!!  Not only because of how messing with the wood was like Tetris, but....  When you prevent yourself from feeling rushed, life is SO FUN!!  Must remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment