Thursday, April 16, 2020

Planted: A "thank you" bed

My neighbor gave me a really good quality 4-wheel cart with drop-down sides.  Geeze!  
To thank her, and to experiment with the soil that was under a pile of wood chips for over a year, I raked down and planted corn, artichoke, lettuce, onion, and sowed carrot seed. There's room to so a little more tomorrow.  The mosquitos were out tonight so I stopped early.
Good looking soil.  And it smells good.  

Not many mycelium were noticeable in the wood chips (and they'd be saphoridic anyway) so I made sure to put mycorrhizae inoculem in with the roots and seeds.

This bed is on its lonesome on the other side of the house to my market garden terraces because I plan to plant a lot of tomatoes in my market garden and my neighbor is allergic to tomato plants.  I don't want any tomato pollen getting on her food.

No comments:

Post a Comment