Saturday, February 1, 2020

Maintaining that mental image

It's pouring rain.  It's been rainy and dreary for days, and will be for days more.  When I get out there, all I see is the mess I've made and the unfinished projects that give no indication of what they're supposed to look like.  And with plant prices the way they are, it's gonna be years until the plants I want are all in.
It's really important, and really difficult, to keep that image in my mind--the image of what it will look like when all of the existing pieces are in place, and all of the stuff that I want gone is gone.  That picture is the only thing keeping me from throwing in the towel.  When I reach that point, all that will be left is bringing in the extra plants I want, as I can afford them.
Oh yeah, I was going to try to propagate everything, but I just don't have the expertise, nor access to the plants I want.  I just had to come to terms with that and prioritize the market garden over the fedge and the food forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment