Friday, April 17, 2020

No rush, no adjudicator, no regrets

I've started to realize that I'm not rushed, and I don't have to be perfect.  FFS, there are chopped willow branches in the garage in garbage bags that have been there for more than a month and some rooted, and yet, my efforts to propagate roses this way on purpose failed.  I followed instructions for sprouting walnut nuts to the letter and had no success, but I now have more than FOUR walnut saplings thanks to local squirrels.  I missed out on sowing lettuces indoors and now I've missed out on a month of possible harvests, but I'll never make that mistake again.  Nor will I ever sprinkle water on plants while the sun is out... ever... again!  Poor burnt leaves.  I can grow veg in my terraced beds even though I haven't filled them with soil--I just need to water every 10 days with mycorrhizal fungi or with EM-1 (expensive stuff but now I know how to propagate it).  The longer I wait to implement some plants, the more likely a better idea will occur to me.
So, with that in mind, I'm about to go outside and pot some cuttings and sow some seeds and transplant some leggy starts.  I've made a deal with myself that as soon as I'm bitten by the third mosquito, I can come back inside.  (It's overcast, so even though it's only 4pm, I think the jerks will be zipping around soon.)  If I get tired or if my body hurts, I can come back inside.  I might go out again.  I might not.  Nothing is set in stone.  I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment