Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Time for an update

Boy, have I made a mess.  The acre is a frickin' mess.  There are partial projects all over (making borders, making terraces, filling in beds with materials to decompose, a dismantled compost pit).  I've now put deep ruts in the ground because I drove on it past the first fall rains.  The only new trees look bad without their leaves.  I still have piles of branches that birds have probably made their winter homes in but I have to move them so that I can drive onto the property in a way that won't make ruts.  Grr.

I'll be posting soon about "Lessons Learned the Hard Way: ".  If I knew then what I know now, I'd be so much further along, so I want to document the lessons in case I ever get the chance to build a food forest on someone else's property.

For now, here are some awful pictures of our trashy acre that the neighbors are probably steaming about.

First, unannotated.

 Same pic, but annotated.


No comments:

Post a Comment